Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design



Playing other peoples games helped me a lot. It helped me make my game a little more challenging for the players who will be playing my game. Playing others games helped me realize what I need to work on and make better. It also helped me realize what game players expect in a chase game. Looking inside the codes of some games helped me out with my game. It was really confusing to me and looking at other peoples coding made it easier for me because this was my first time actually making a game from scratch. What I did was I took some codes from other peoples codes and remixed it with mine. I did a little customizing and made it sorta my own.

There are a bunch of features to this game. For example there are a lot of interesting details. It's not boring. It hooks the player to keep playing. I think the features to both of my games are different because my chase game is not really and adventure like my platformer. With my platformer game the levels get harder & harder once you complete the levels. My chase game doesn't really change levels. It basically just goes in a loop until you run out of time. which is not really challenging but still amusing.

I think my best code was my platformer code. I think that was my best code because if you look at that code it seems hard and difficult to do. But its not. It was really fun to make. I also think it is my best code because I had more time to work on it. So it was neat and organized and not all over the place. To be honest I sorta rushed my other games because I was on a trip for about two weeks and I had no computer. Soooo....... I guess I would say this was my best quality code I did.







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you drew on your sprite it was funny
    When you start the your other sprite is touching the you and you already start to lose points
    like your background it matches with your characters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how smooth your characters movement was, but the arms on your cake made it really hard to score maybe you could make them smaller, but overall your game was a good game

    ReplyDelete