Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement

This quarters assignment was Poetic designs. What we basically did was take pictures of things that mean something to us and we added some poetry to it. Poetry is a type of literature. I think that poetry is a more emotional and sometimes touching way of expressing your feelings. Usually poetry relate to people and the way they may feel. Poetry is used to express feelings. In my opinion it is a more creative way of expressing your feelings. Sometimes poetry can be personal, meaning that the piece of poetry you may be reading doesn't really relate to you but it is about the poet and the way they are feeling. To be honest I am not a poet type of person. But since I do write a lot and enjoy writing, I sometimes catch my self being a poet without even knowing it! But even though I do not write poetry I enjoy reading it. I'm pretty sure that every one has listened to poetry before. If you listen to music than you surely listen to poetry. Music is poetry with rhythm. So basically we hear poetry on the daily!

I like to be myself, don't need to hate
I move to the beat of my heart rate
My motto is to be yourself
because there is really no one else
Reach for your goals like no there
Along the way you may discover something new
Or maybe not, you never know
But right now I'm gonna outgo

In my poem I used rhyme. I used rhyme my forming my poem in a way that each two sentences or lines ended in the same sound. For example know and outgo don't end in the same letters, but they end in the same sound. I used rhyme because I feel that it went well with what I was writing about. I also used rhyme because it is a personal preference of mine. It is kind of difficult making a rhythm to my poem. This is just an opinion, but I think that rhyme is prettier when you read it. But of course everyone is different. I also didn't use rhythm because I think that rhythm makes the poem sound more like a rap. Which isn't the style I was going for. I was going for a more calm poem. The kind of poem that when you read it you automatically feel relaxed.













No comments:

Post a Comment